Maintain and organize inventory of ice cream and frozen foods in subzero freezer temperatures for delivery and/or will calls to customers serviced by the Company. Practice Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Sanitation Practices (GSP) and safe performance of duties as assigned by the Freezer Warehouse Manager.
- Safe performance of order picking, loading and product rotation in subzero environments.
- Maintains a clean work area by removing pallets, rubbish, etc. and disposing of it in the proper receptacles.
- Knowledge and certification of forklift and electric pallet jack operation and safety.
- Insures all product released is fresh, clean and correctly matched with load out of assigned trucks, routes and invoicing.
- Moves product from production floor into hardening room for final phase of production; transfers finished product onto inventory floor.
- Restocks and rotates incoming inventory in conformance with first in-first out practices. Reports and verifies all freight checked in to the chill/freezer warehouses and rotation of incoming freight.
- Assist in the inventory accounting of products as directed
- Be knowledgeable in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Sanitation Practices (GSP) necessary in food operations. Follow procedures established.
- Assist in the production of ice cream.
- Must have a positive attitude and work well with people.
- Any and all other responsibilities that are deemed necessary by management.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Good ability in mathematics, legible handwriting and good verbal communication skills; ability to use a computer preferred, not required.
Must be physically capable of lifting and manually moving product weighing up to 56 lbs. in both dry and freezer conditions.
Follows all House and Safety Rules, Standards of Operations and Procedures, including Company Dress Code.
Maintains good personal hygiene practices.