Title: Full-Time Frozen Flex I
- Must practice Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good Sanitation Practices (GSP).
- Assist in the ice cream production process including: setup, picking and handling of ingredients and supplies, following formula, and the cleaning and sanitation of the work area for the next day.
- Record production and test data for each food product batch, such as the ingredients used, temperature, test results, and time cycle.
- Follow recipes to produce food products of specified flavor, texture, clarity, bouquet, or color.
- Set up, operate, and tend equipment that cooks, mixes, blends, or processes ingredients in the manufacturing of food products, according to formulas or recipes.
- Mix or blend ingredients, according to recipes, using a paddle or an agitator, or by controlling vats that heat and mix ingredients.
- Clean and sterilize vats and factory processing areas.
- Select and measure or weigh ingredients, using English or metric measures and balance scales.
- Turn valve controls to start equipment and to adjust operation to maintain product quality.
- Press switches and turn knobs to start, adjust, and regulate equipment, such as beaters, extruders, discharge pipes, and salt pumps.
- Observe gauges and thermometers to determine if the mixing chamber temperature is within specified limits, and turn valves to control the temperature.
- Observe and listen to equipment to detect possible malfunctions, such as leaks or plugging, and report malfunctions or undesirable tastes to supervisors.
- Fill processing or cooking containers, such as rotating cookers, pressure cookers, or vats, with ingredients, by opening valves, by starting pumps or injectors, or by hand.
- Modify cooking and forming operations based on the results of sampling processes, adjusting time cycles and ingredients to achieve desired qualities, such as firmness or texture.
- Examine, feel, and taste product samples during production to evaluate quality, color, texture, flavor, and bouquet, and document the results.
- Inspect and pack the final product.
- Manipulate products, by hand or using machines, to separate, spread, knead, spin, cast, cut, pull, or roll products.
- Give directions to other workers who are assisting in the batch making process.
- Operate refining machines to reduce the particle size of cooked batches.
- Place products on carts or conveyors to transfer them to the next stage of processing.
- Homogenize or pasteurize material to prevent separation or to obtain prescribed butterfat content, using a homogenizing device.
- Maintain and organize inventory of ice cream and frozen foods in subzero freezer temperatures for delivery and/or will-calls to customers serviced by the Company.
- Assist in the production of McDonald’s mix, CO2, propane, and Snow Ka Oi Syrups.
- Maintains mix ingredient inventories by rotating properly.
- Must keep storage areas neat and clean of any rubbish or foreign objects.
- Operate continuous freezers on production floor.
- Follow machinery maintenance program.
- Assists with Food Safety assessments and validations of the product process, manufacturing process, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), Hazard Analysis and Risk-based Preventive Controls (HARPC) food safety plans, and food quality plans.
- Complete daily orders in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Maintaining confidential information about the production of ice cream.
- Regular attendance is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Must have a positive work attitude and work will with management/ associates.
- Hourly range: $17-23
- 18 years or older
- High school diploma or GED
Licenses or Certificates:
- Forklift Certification
- Electric and Manuel Pallet Jack Certification
- Food Handler Certification
- Tuberculous Skin Clearance