Providing for our people
- Medical, Dental, Drug & Vision
- Paid Sick Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
- Employee Product Discount Program
Maui Soda & Ice Works, Ltd. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
These job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We support a Drug free Workplace
Title: Frozen Supervisor – Non-Exempt
- Must practice Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good Sanitation Practices (GSP).
- Determine standards, budgets, production goals, and rates, based on company policies, equipment and labor availability, and workloads.
- Assist in the ice cream production process including: setup, picking and handling of ingredients and supplies, following formula, and the cleaning and sanitation of the work area for the next day.
- Record production and test data for each food product batch, such as the ingredients used, temperature, test results, and time cycle.
- Turn valve controls to start equipment and to adjust operation to maintain product quality.
- Modify cooking and forming operations based on the results of sampling processes, adjusting time cycles and ingredients to achieve desired qualities, such as firmness or texture.
- Complete video jet setup, video cleaning, video maintenance, and video re-filling for production.
- Examine, feel, and taste product samples during production to evaluate quality, color, texture, flavor, and bouquet, and document the results.
- Inspect and pack the final product.
- Give directions to other workers who are assisting in the batch making process.
- Operate refining machines to reduce the particle size of cooked batches.
- Homogenize or pasteurize material to prevent separation or to obtain prescribed butterfat content, using a homogenizing device.
- Follow procedures, process, testing, safety, and have chemical knowledge for the CIP and COP process of production.
- Completing and maintaining scheduled deep cleaning and washes for the production facility.
- Maintain and organize inventory of ice cream and frozen foods in subzero freezer temperatures for delivery and/or will-calls to customers serviced by the Company.
- Production of McDonald’s mix, CO2, propane, and Snow Ka Oi Syrups.
- Maintains mix ingredient inventories by rotating properly.
- Operate continuous freezers on production floor.
- Follow machinery maintenance program.
- Assists with Food Safety assessments and validations of the product process, manufacturing process, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), Hazard Analysis and Risk-based Preventive Controls (HARPC) food safety plans, and food quality plans.
- Plans, coordinates, and schedules employees, providing training and motivation as well as monitoring and evaluating performance of the frozen employees. Manage each associates ability to safely operate material, handling equipment to move materials to and from storage configurations.
- Assists in the upkeep of Frozen Flex I, II, and III timecards and time records.
- High school diploma or GED
Licenses or Certificates:
- Preferred: Forklift Certification
- Preferred: Electric and Manuel Pallet Jack Certification
- Preferred: Food Handler Certification
- Preferred: Tuberculous Skin Clearance
- Preferred: Completion of Frozen Flex I & II certification